Printers generate a lot of waste paper from over-issued publications, magazine sections, posters and trimmings. Cardboard reels and rolls are also recovered.
Reclaim has developed services specifically designed for coordinating the sorting and collecting of recyclable products from printer waste.
Our Account Managers can help you develop a resource recovery solution for your business. Reclaim can help you divert waste away from landfills and provide recycling certainty for you, your team, your customers and your community.
Reclaim Printer Services
- Cardboard, Paper and Plastic Film Cages, Bins & Drop Off
- 20-30m³ Bulk Bin
- Compactor Bin
We also offer collection of these waste products:
• Plastic, Metal, Glass Containers (formerly MultiCycle)
• Secure paper collection and destruction (formerly SecuriCycle)
• Organic waste (formerly OrganiCycle)
• Glass bottles and containers (formerly GlassCycle)
We also provide general waste services via industry partners so all waste can be managed by one service provider.
Wire Cages and Metal Bins
Standard bins are 1.8m W x 1.4m H x 1.5m D with a capacity of 3.5 cubic metres. Bins can be customised to suit individual requirements. Cardboard, Paper or Plastic Film Bins are emptied on site by a front-loader truck. The bin remains on site at all times. Servicing of bins is either on-demand or a regular call schedule depending upon volumes.
20-30m³ Bulk Bins allow for large volumes of cardboard and paper to be collected at once, ideal for high volume printers who do not want many smaller cages on site.
Reclaim offers a range of compactor machinery to assist production efficiency and create economic benefits for printers.
Compacting paper waste is an option available to large volume producers.
This piece of machinery is designed to integrate with a cyclone system or
stand alone with a bin lifter and in-factory bins. This system will save space, time and effort. Compactor systems are custom built to suit specific waste materials and individual needs.
Reclaim is able to provide the expertise required to build and install
Auckland Recycling Services Brochure
View and download Reclaim's services profile brochure. It contains information relating to our company, our services, product specifications, operational guidelines and recycling advice. (2.58mb)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are there different bin labels and what do they mean?There are older-type bin labels in circulation, these were used by us when we were known as Paper Reclaim. Our new labels are slowly replacing the older labels. You can view all our labels on our website: Understanding Labels. If you want a new label posting to you to replace an older label please use our contact form.
- Can I recycle wire-bound-spiral books?As long as the paper is acceptable (i.e. not plastic coated, high gloss or cellophane wrapped) we can arrange for this to be recycled. We need to arrange this in a advance so please call first.
- Why should I eliminate waste going to landfills?A lot of the waste sent to landfills never goes away, it just stays there rotting. Some waste breaks down as harmless matter, but too much ends up producing methane gases and/or toxic sludge (both can escape landfills and harm our environment).
- Why are Usage Reports important?A Usage Report shows the amount of recyclable waste collected by us for your account the previous month, it includes all sites and all services listed under your account. The report can be downloaded in PDF or Excel formats and this information allows your businesses to report how much recyclable waste you have been able to divert away from landfills, demonstrating sustainable business practice. To view your Usage Reports you must register to access our Customer Portal.
- Do I have to pay to have my recyclable waste removed?This really depends on the type and amount of recyclable waste you generate. Reclaim sorts and prepares resources that are valued by recycled product manufacturers. If the cost of collecting these resources from you is less than what we get paid for them, then we are unlikely to charge you for removal. If the cost of collection is greater than what we get paid then we apply charges to recover our costs. These are typically made up of rental charges and/or collection fees.
- Can other businesses near me share a Reclaim disposal bin?Yes, as long as the correct recyclable waste is deposited in each bin this is fine. It is in your interest to collect as much communal recyclable waste as you can, as greater and more fequent collections means you can avoid charges. Small volumes of recyclable waste, collected occassionally, will likely incur charges.
- How do I check that I have the right number and size of bins & cages for my recycled waste?Our bins & cages are colour coded and sized to meet the specific waste production needs of customers. It is generally good practice for us to collect full bins or cages, rather than them being half full or empty. We prefer the frequency of our collections to be based on the collection of full bins and cages. It is therefore important to get the right size bin or cage, and the number required, to try and achieve regular full collections.
Customers typically do not want waste sitting around too long, and do not like to see it overflowing. If this applies to you then you need to talk to us. You may need smaller or fewer cages and bins, or more, or you may need us to increase our collection fequency.
- Why is it so important to separate specific waste products in separate bins?Waste sorted at source leads to easier and more consistent sorting back at our sorting factories. Manufacturers of recycled products prefer the base materials, supplied by us, to be a pure as possible with minimal cross-contamination of the various recyclable materials that can enter a waste stream.
- Why should I ensure cans, tins, bottles and packaging is clean and free from residue?Waste cleaned at source leads to easier and more consistent sorting back at our sorting factories. Manufacturers of recycled products prefer the base materials, supplied by us, to be a pure as possible with minimal cross-contamination of the various residues that can enter a waste stream. Fats, breases and oils can create many problems.
- Is Reclaim a recycling company that actually makes new products?We do not make recycled products: We play a crucial part in the recycling chain.
We help develop recycling policies and procedures for customers, so used resources are reclaimed rather treated as rubbish.
We ensure the right type of disposal systems are in place, depending on waste type, frequency and volume.
We provide timely collection of recovered resources, using specially designed collection vehicles.
We carefully sort and prepare recyclables for optimum resource quality for future product manufacture.
We maintain effective supply and trading arrangements with recycled product manufacturers, adhering to sustainability principles and providing recycled product assurance.
- How does your Residual Waste service reduce waste going to landfills?A lot of the waste sent to landfills never goes away, it just stays there rotting. Some waste breaks down as harmless matter, but too much ends up producing methane gases and/or toxic sludge (both can escape landfills and harm our environment).
Our goal is to switch businesses over to a new way of managing waste removal. By providing a Residual Waste service, we believe attention and interest in the need to divert waste to landfills will increase. Our customers are encouraged to correctly deposit their recyclable waste and reduce the amount of residual waste they generate. In doing this, waste collection schedules become less frequent and/or larger bins are replaced by smaller bins, leading to the eventual removal of bins and no waste going to landfills. This process signals progress towards zero-waste, all leading to reduced landfill waste and reduced running costs.
This is not a separate service, it is only offered combined with one or more of our recycling services. It is only available in the Auckland region.
- What is the best way to contact you?Our customer service system is designed to manage information supplied via web-based contact forms so we can ensure your specific enquiry is managed by the right people. Our telephone operators also use these forms. If you are already a customer, register for a user name and log in on our Customer Portal. You will then be able to view your information and request services specific to your needs. Otherwise, please use the Contact Form and specify the nature of your enquiry. If you want to join Reclaim, complete our Join Reclaim form and we will be in touch soon.
- How do I find out more about you?
- How many visits do you make to collect Auckland's recyclable resources and how many kms do you travel?Our fleet of collection trucks make 24,000 visits and travel 100,000 kms each month.
- Why are there different bin labels and what do they mean?